The Orthodox Church in the Gothic style
Peterhof, Alexandria Park, the Church of Alexander Nevsky
Gothic chapel-This Church was built in 1830-34, by the famous German architect-F. Schinkel. The Church has the form of a medieval chapel. On the corners are cast-iron pyramidal tower, crowned with spires with crosses. On three sides there are two granite porches and external walls sculptures of saints, made by model V. Demut-Malinovsky. In the Lancet Windows of the Church inserted the colored glass, making it, as in all Gothic churches, semidarkness reigns. Interior painting of the Church was made by the artist A. Nave.
The Church of St. Alexander Nevsky. Interior painting of the Church
Chesme Church (1777-80) — a peculiar example of the era of Catherine the conditional imitation of Gothic.
Catherine Church of ascension convent in the Kremlin from the Spassky gate,
Novogrudok.The Church of Boris and Gleb.
The Church of St. Nicholas in Rivkah
Two-story domed brick Church in Gothic revival style, with a separate bell tower. Was built from the beginning of the XIX century, on means of Dolgorukov near the wooden Church erected in 1756 in kN. A. J. Golitzine and demolished in 1829. Work prerevolutionary 1812. In 1827 consecrated St. Nicholas and St. Catherine chapels in the lower warm part of the building, and a year — Central the resurrection of Christ and John the Warrior side and Mitrophan of Voronezh in the top of the cold Church. Sixth St. Basil’s altar was consecrated in 1836 in the lower Church. The bell tower with attached buildings of the hospice originally had a hipped end, which was replaced by the octagon and head in 1897. The Church was closed in 1939, the building belonged to state farm, camp. Divine services were resumed in 1988. The Church was renovated in the period 1988-1997.
In the name of Pervoverhovnyh apostles Peter and Paul Cathedral.
Peterhof (Petrodvorets), St. Petersburg prospect, 32.
The most significant surviving is Peterhof constructed in 1905, the Cathedral of the Holy apostles Peter and Paul. This temple, designed by architect N. In.Sultanov, visible far outside the city. It looks great and from the Gulf of Finland, and from the railway. And Petersburg highway passes by the temple and tourist buses stop almost next to him.
For many years the Cathedral was covered with scaffolding and puzzled questions of foreign and domestic tourists tour guides from year to year had something vaguely explain about delayed restoration works. Since January 1, 1990 began the clearing of the temple from a half-century of blockages of garbage and 19 January with a large gathering of people was made the first divine service.
The decision on creation of the temple was made in 1892 in the spring of 1893, Emperor Alexander III approved the draft prepared by civil engineer, Professor N. In.Sultanov. Like most churches of the era, the Cathedral was built in old Russian style, Recalling the General outlines of St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow.
The Church was founded July 25, 1895 in the presence of representatives of the court clergy led by Archpriest John Anysim, as the temple belonged to the court Department. For 4 years has been the erection of the building, followed by three years plaster work, created heating and ventilation. Two years painted the walls of the temple, created the iconostasis, furniture, utensils, clothes. Around the Church was divided into square. The temple was built at the expense of the Ministry of the Imperial court and at a cost of 850 000 rubles in prices of 1905
The temple has a height of over 60 meters. Five chapters made in the form of tents. In turn, they form a kind of attic in which slotted “ears” (Windows). Here’s what he wrote about these Windows the architect of the sultans: “in Addition to “hearing” the main tent is also good that they offer a wonderful view of the surroundings; the eye covers a huge area with a radius of about thirty miles: visible Petersburg, Babi-gon, Kronstadt, etc. Probably for the dedication of a Church, not a few tourists will rise to the rumors of the main dome”. This phrase shows that already long before the revolution, many Church architects and clergy believed that partial use of the temples as objects of so-called cultural tourism is quite acceptable from the Orthodox point of view. In General, despite its historical appearance, the Cathedral of constructive and technical features many innovations. They talk about what progress would have expected Russian Church architecture, if its development was forcefully interrupted after 1917.
The Church is surrounded by a high, warm and bright gallery for processions in bad weather, “without any harm to the health of the participants”. There are also special places for the consecration of eggs, Easter cakes and Easter. Each of the four entrances, the design even canopy top.
In the Cathedral three of the iconostasis. Central — unique majolica, two side kalarskogo made of white marble. On the iconostasis are the icons painted on gilt bronze panels by artist Gurianov. Painting of the Church was carried out on sketches by N. In.Sultanov Moscow masters painters famous village of Palekh. The Church plate: chandeliers, sconces, lamps, crosses, etc. were also made based on drawings N.In.Sultanova.
The solemn consecration of the Church took place in 1905, in the presence of the Imperial family. It soon became clear the numerous advantages of the new temple: a convenient vestry and library, with separate entrances and connected with the altar, confessionals, space for burial of the dead, chapel, mentioned for the cloister of processions. The Church had excellent acoustics.
The Cathedral of the Holy Pervoverhovnyh apostles Peter and Paul
The closed Church was in 1935, Soon disappearing icons and unique utensils. During the war there were broken domes and walls. After the war the Cathedral was used as a container warehouse. During this period disappear white marble iconostases of side-chapels, the Cathedral to its final demise. Further destruction was stopped in 1935 when the Association “Restorer” was commissioned to restore the exterior. But the real restoration work began only after the transfer of the Church to the community of believers. Now it is a fully functioning temple. The tourists are. They are offered the environs of Peterhof from the observation deck under the Central tent.